Tuesday, February 13

Cooking

I love cooking. You may not believe it, but in our home, it is I who cook the food. Well, I wouldn't say my wife is a bad cook, in fact she cooks wonderful dishes, it's just that because I love cooking more, it had been that way for quite a while now in the house - I am cooking and she takes care of washing the dishes afterwards. I especially like to cook variants of stir fry, as well as vegetables with lots of soup - the kind that most pinoys prefer. Well, at least back in the Philippines, we like our food swimming in soup :D ... I think most husbands are like that especially those who also cook like me...

Anyway, I cooked a variant of stir fried the other night... one with a mix of chicken and beef strips with lots of broccoli, carrots, and string beans... my wife said it's wonderful (at least, she always appreciates the result :D). I put in there quite an amount of chopped ginger... I love the aroma of ginger in food while being cooked...and of course, the popular Mama Sita's oyster sauce... I would say that the dish was really good! One thing good about stir fried food is that it is very easy to prepare. You just prepare all the ingredients, make sure that the meat is quite tender and fried rarely, and then just mix all the vegetables to the meat and 'stir' them... the final taste will depend on you, so you can add other spices and ingredients as you like.

When our work ends at the early afternoon everyday, and we arrive at the flat, my usual routine is to check the fridge and look for ingredients for the meal to be prepared for dinner. Sometimes, we go out and buy some things that we need to prepare the meal at the small shops nearby. More often, everything is there. After some preparations, I'll start cooking the meal for dinner while my wife stretches either in the sala or in the bedroom. After the meal is finished, we eat while watching TV and talking about the happenings of the day.

Life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment