Wednesday, February 14

Valentine's Day...

When I checked my emails this morning, I found few messages from friends greeting me happy valentine. I remember it is Valentine's Day today, the day when you are supposed to give kindness - if not love - to your friends and colleagues... even your neighbors... and everybody that you see on the streets. It reminded me to at least give something to my wife or maybe cook her one of her favorite dishes. You see, I believe that Valentine's Day is important even just for the sake of celebrating it, for it means that even for a day, people in this earth would think of kindness and compassion, friendship and love. We are beset with problems, violence here and there... pain and suffering... it is good to think that aside from Christmas, there is Valentine's Day where we could show to one another our humane nature... our empathy... our human spirit.

When you are in a foreign land, you tend to appreciate all these little things. It is good for me because I tend to be more sensitive on trivial matters and I get to appreciate everything life is giving me. Like the other important dates that came, this Valentine's Day is another reason to share my life's blessings to my friends, colleagues, and especially my family. It is another opportunity to give thanks to life's treasures - friends, colleagues, and family. It is a time to share my inner peace with those very dear to me - my kids and my wife. I guess I'll just send a text message or call my kids, they're very far from me right now... and I think they will understand. As for my wife, I have to think of something nice for us to celebrate Valentine before the day is over :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment