Friday, August 31

Back to work...

Tomorrow, Alice and I will be back to work. After a hiatus of almost two months, everything will again be back to where they ought to be. It means we'll see our friends again, our colleagues, our peers, and of course our bosses. It is nice, actually, to work in an environment where there is a mix of nationalities, and for that matter, culture... It is nice to know a different custom or two, from different countries and different races. It does not only adds to ones knowledge, it actually makes one to be more enlightened... and more open, I would say. There's nothing better than to learn through experiencing things... and for our jobs, lifelong learning is not only essential, but indispensable.

Anyways, as I intimated already, tomorrow will be the big day... it is sort of starting a new journey. Well, at least, a new one towards our professional life. I know for a fact that for each and everyone of us, life is a big journey... one that is comprised of individual and unique adventures, and this is one of them. For me and Alice, and for our friends here, this is the beginning of a new adventure.

As I anticipate what will happen to me tomorrow, I got the chance to think of the things I did this vacation. What did I do with the seven weeks that were given to me to relax? Well, I had the time of my life exploring Singapore with my family, for one. I also got to at least cope up with my professional reading having read four great books during the break (I guess that will be a good topic for a separate blog this coming weeks). I also got to go back to some of my interests which I didn't actually do much the past several months because of time constraint: ebay, Friendster, etc. There's not much I'd done really... but the important thing is I got to unwind and recharge, to be as fresh as ever for the strict requirements of the job in the next ten months.

I can only say thanks for the chance to do this again and take this new journey... and hope that everything will be fine for all of us.