Sunday, September 2

Busy!

Today happened to be a very busy day... actually, I should've moved office before taking the summer break because the building where I've been holding office for the past several months is due to be remodeled. However, one way or another, I was not able to, and hence I went into the break with all the piles of my work still there. When I reported for work this morning, my colleague who's occupying the same room with me told me that we have to move our things fast because the demolition is under way... thus, I didn't have a choice but to pack all things in haste, put everything inside those cardboard boxes and let the cleaners carry all my things to the other office...

Well, you know this thing about moving... once you start taking your things out for packing, you unconsciously begin to sort them also... and thus, I was able to do that during the next few hours. Anyways, after putting the rubbish in the bin and the ones I still need in their proper boxes, I was ready to go. I called all the maintenance guys and they started moving all my things - the cleaned office table, the computer and printer, all those cables, the piles and piles of papers, everything - to my new place. After a half day moving from the old office to the new one, I was able to shift all my things to the new office. And the real work begins...

What I really hate about moving is that after you have boxed all your things and moved them, you have to start unpacking them again and start reassembling your place. It really sucks! But then, nobody will do it except me, of course... and so, after half a day doing all the packing, I spent the other half unpacking all the same things and putting each of them in the proper order again. Well, perseverance really pays off everytime, and so, I finished all the work with several minutes to spare before my bus arrives. I forgot to mention that through the chaos of the day, I still was able to spend some precious minutes eating at the canteen with Alice :-). I would have to say that I love the canteen now that very few people go there because the real work hasn't started yet. I must say that I love the serenity of the place, even if it happens only very rarely...

Anyways, all's well that ends well, they say, and I finished the move to the new office before the work day ends. I would have to say the new office is a little crowded - most of us are holding office there now - because of the construction that will about to start, but then, good workers and good professionals that we are, as the saying goes, "the show must go on"... and so is our work... I just need to get a duplicate of the key to the front door tomorrow. :-)