Tuesday, April 10

Paper Presentation and Barbecue Party

Yesterday, I presented a paper on the research Alice and I had been working on these past couple of years. It was about a learning model - blended learning we call it, which is a fusion of the traditional face-to-face classroom and e-learning. I am not new to presenting papers, having presented some previous works in both local and national conferences and symposia back in the Philippines, but it was my first time to present a paper to an international audience and the first time also to do it outside of my country. The feeling is really overwhelming, I would say. There is a combination of tension, apprehension, and excitement... and it was fantastic! Anyways, everything ended up well with the presentation, some of my colleagues and other guests as well commending me with it... job well done, I suppose :-)

...The organisers provided a barbecue party for all the participants to the symposium last night. The food was great, especially the salads... we had been treated to a well-deserved feast, and we made it sure that everybody enjoyed the food. It was really an opportune time to meet new friends in the profession, make friends with other Filipinos from other areas in the same profession as Alice and I are in, and just plain enjoy the day... I guess sometimes we need these moments to refresh and expand our craft as well.

Today, I still have another job - to facilitate/moderate one of the presentations for the day. Hoping this will be another productive and fruitful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment