Wednesday, April 18

Road Test, Peach (without Mango) Pie and Baked Mac

I took the third and final test towards getting my GCC driving license two days ago. Khalifa's car which we had been using in my lessons - one that is not that new - broke down a day before and so he had to bring a new one (borrowed from a friend) during the day of the test. I had initial apprehensions and thus, we decided that I should get familiarised first with the new car. We practised for two hours before waiting for the examiner. I finished familiarising with the new car at about a quarter past nine and got to be tested around 15 minutes before noon. It was a worthwhile wait because I passed the last test, the police examiner even entering into a jovial conversation with me and Khalifa. At last, after a little over a month of practice and a total of 23 hours spent in Khalifa's car, I finally get to have my driving license in this region. A very good thing about securing a driver's license here is that you get to use it in all member gulf states, so no more worrying about getting another one in case you move to another place for work. A fantastic experience indeed!

Yesterday, Alice asked that we cook something in celebration of my passing the test a day before. After rummaging through stocks and the fridge, we decided that I cook our fast becoming favorite dessert - the Peach Pie - as well as our own version of the Baked Mac. A very good thing about being here is that I could practice and experiment on my cooking. During our several months of stay, I had learned - even perfected some - dishes that are fast becoming our favorites. Of course this is really good... the only downside being Alice again starting to worry about some "excess fats" :D

Anyways, an hour and a half later, the pie and the baked mac are there, ready for consumption. We had some sort of a little feast, savoring the food and enjoying one lovely moment being husband and wife. While eating, a message (through SMS) arrived from our little girl Rain, asking how we are doing, and it made the moment even sweeter.

Times like these - which we tend not to give much importance - are the ones that really keep us going through life... well, at least, that's what I believe in... don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment