Wednesday, April 25

Sound Trip

AS I WAITED for Alice to finish her work last night, I decided to plug the Ipod's earphones to while away time. The airconditioner in the room had broken down the night before and the man I asked to fix it didn't come and so, with the summer heat slowly creeping in this side of the world, sleep is not yet possible at the time anyway, and a little "sound trip" is in the making for me... I haven't been able to listen to the songs I downloaded in my two-year old Ipod shuffle lately, and so spending some time listening to those old songs is an opportunity at the moment. Listening to music is totally relaxing. More than that, it allowed me to hear Filipino songs all over again...

Songs - and for that matter, music - really allows an individual to drift, that is, reminisce good moments and think of even better ones. Aside from getting the much needed relaxation, the "sound trip" I had last night even allowed me to "rewind" a little of my life for the two hours or so I listened to my Ipod. It allowed me to remember funny times with the family, and especially the kids, the good old times with friends and former colleagues, the usual things - small things - that make our lives meanigful and fun. While listening to the old songs in my Ipod last night, it seems like I'm in the Philippines again.

Music really gives harmony to our lives. I should bring that Ipod with me more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment