Friday, September 21

A (not so) typical weekend...

It was a typical day yesterday... during weekends, Alice and I just go through the routine house-keeping chores: cleaning and mopping the floors, dusting the furniture, washing our office clothes, and ironing them afterwards. It was a typical first day of the weekend... we just went through our usual routine, and since it is not yet time to do some grocery shopping, we did not venture out, as we had already bought some food and everything else we need for the day during the previous night out with friends in the weekly "Wednesday Night Group" get-together at the city center. In between chores, we managed to watch some TV and had also chatted with the kids in the afternoon. I even managed to do some updates in my friendster account in the early evening before we ate dinner.

Today is quite different. For one, Alice had baked a cake for the first time after many years. It's actually just a simple ready-mix chocolate cake, but a cake nonetheless, and it is the first during our stay here. We ate it during lunchtime (which is actually about 1:30PM already), which made us full for the actual lunch we have - a roasted chicken ala Andok's - which we bought the previous night from our favorite grill eatery. Anyways, I started the day by preparing breakfast - french toast with fried eggs - which Alice requested specifically for this day. After eating, I proceeded on working with the report my boss asked to be placed on his table first thing in the morning tomorrow. The task made me occupied in the next two hours which allowed Alice to work on her cake...

After lunch, Alice spent some time surfing the Web and I checked some movies in my portable multimedia player, the kind that comes from China which I bought in Singapore, with a 2.5" hard disk inside. As I become engrossed watching a movie, the TV broke down! Bad timing as the movie will be finished in 5 minutes or so. (Grrrrr!!!!) Anyways, while watching the said movie, I started heating the roasted chicken in the oven to prepare it for the late lunch, and so, after the TV broke down, I proceeded on preparing it and was about to call Alice to eat when the doorbell rang...

Our friend from upstairs is having a problem with her computer, she actually had already brought it with her, and so I checked it first... it turned out there are so many downloaded utilities that make her computer boots ever so slowly, and I reconfigured the start-up options of the rig, and proceeded on installing an anti-virus software (at her request), and finally testing and reconfiguring the voice/audio utility of her laptop so that she can use the voice function in YM properly. After about a little less than two hours, Alice and I were able to eat our lunch (the roasted chicken).

As I repair our neighbor's laptop, Alice chatted with the kids... good news as they told her the grades for the first period were given already and all of them have very good grades. Alice, actually, was nervous with our youngest's grades as his marks in the exams were low, and he had incurred some missed classes while getting sick during the last two weeks... it turned out, fortunately, that his grades are not bad afterall (actually, good also). We had promised them we'll give them memberships to Club Penguin when they get good grades in this period, and so, our eldest reminded her of that again. (He's so sure of good grades as early as the last two weeks that he's continuously bugging us of their membership for days already.)

After eating lunch - which is around 4 o'clock already - we had the chance to check the Web for a while, and we happened to browse Manny Poohcquiao's antics in youtube. We had a fun time watching Poohcquiao's clips, me especially, as it was the first time I saw his style of comedy. Alice rested for a while after that, while I decided to write this post, having nothing more to do. This evening, we'll probably just eat some fruits, Alice might prepare some things for work tomorrow, then, having no TV, we'll say our prayers probably a little early, and then go to sleep...

I guess with that, another weekend will be over.